WIll Sutton DT. rd 4 or 5 in most mocks

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BSBEARS, Apr 1, 2014.

1. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Yeah I see that too. If Sutton is the poor man's Donald then Ferguson is the poor man's Jernigan. There are guys in this draft who can play and create depth but I want a guy at DT who can create havoc the way guys like Tommie Harris did, or John Randle, or Gerald McCoy and Geno Adkins today. To me Sutton only comes into play if we whiff on Donald. If we drafted both we may be ignoring another need but assuming we got our FS and our CB in two and three I'd prefer him to a TE in four. The only question then is who goes? Collins or Izzy? I don't see how there's room for both and Donald and Sutton and Collins and Izzy. Might eventually be a great 3 tech rotation though. Two black bowling ball DTs.

2. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

there is no tommie harris in this draft.

3. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

Gonna bump this one up again. If Emery does decide on a FS at #14 I'd say it makes a pick of Sutton later on is more likely if he's still on the board where they'd be comfortable with the risk involved. I truly believe his NFL career could go one way or the other depending on how well he controls his weight and how well he's motivated. Those are the two things that concern me most about him. Going into last season he was seen as a potential 1st round pick or early 2nd and yet he didn't live up to expectations, fell back, and cost himself a lot of $$$. So does that motivate him to make up for it or is it a sign that he's terminally lazy?

DT
    Will Sutton
    Arizona State Pac-12
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

View Prospects By Name By Position By College By Grade
    Combine Results
    Grade
    5.55?
    • 5.36 SEC
      Top Performer
    • 24 REPS
      Top Performer
    • 28.5 INCH
      Top Performer
    • 99.0 INCH
      Top Performer
    • 7.93 SEC
      Top Performer
    • 4.82 SEC
      Top Performer
    Draft Analysis:
    • 6'0" Height
    • 31 1/4" Arm Length
    • 303LBS. Weight
    • 10" Hands
    Overview
    Sutton is a two-time first-team AP All-American (2012-13), two-time Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year (2012-13) and two-time first-team All-Pac-12 selection (2012-13). Father, Mickey, played defensive back and punt returner for the Los Angeles Rams (1986-88), Green Bay Packers (1989), Buffalo Bills (1989) and Rams (1990).

Analysis

Strengths
    Very good athlete. Good body control and balance. Feels blocking pressure and finds the ball quickly. Effective spin move. Shoots gaps and makes plays behind the line. Flattens down the line and can range to the sideline. Strong tackler and athletic enough to string down backs in space. Outstanding career sack production (20.5) from the interior.

Weaknesses
    Short. Questionable competitiveness and desire -- motor runs hot and cold. Will disappear for stretches. Has some underachiever traits and work ethic has a lot of area for improvement. Average strength at the point of attack. Can be turned and rooted out of the hole by the double team. Can improve hand use and develop more of a pass-rush arsenal.

Draft Projection
    Rounds 2-3

Bottom Line
    Bulked up and added a lot of bad weight as a senior, negating his initial burst and diminishing his production, yet still showed good quickness off the ball. Played at a more natural weight and was noticeably a step quicker in 2012. Fits best as an under tackle in an even front and would be best playing close to 290 pounds.

4. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

I read somewhere everyone thought he was to small for NFL so he bulked up and apparently to fast.

5. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

thats a boon for the bears if they were to get him though b/c an nfl strength and conditioning guy will get you into shape but quick.