With hip in 'great shape,' Marshall ready to roll

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Papa_Bear_7, Sep 2, 2013.

1. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,981ß
    Ratings:
    +2,832 / 7 / -9
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    When do you determine garbage time to be?

2. soulman

soulman Hall of Famer
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    812ß
    Ratings:
    +1,969 / 7 / -3
    Thanks for the read PB. Last week every sportswriter in Chicago, on ESPN, and anyone else who follows the team were all clucking and shaking their collective heads worrying about Marshall, his hip, was he being a diva, would the Bears do OK without him, etc., and anything else they could find to fill column space but now, according to Larry Mayer, it's all good.

Seems to me someone should get there facts straight. :rolleyes:

3. jbunch14

jbunch14 Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    171ß
    Ratings:
    +218 / 0 / -0
    Garbage time is on Friday morning, when the garbage truck comes and takes all of my beer bottles away, so I can begin filling the cans again. You have been informed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    795ß
    Ratings:
    +1,600 / 0 / -3
    The question is not what I nor you define it as is rather what Trestman and co. decide it to be. I honestly don't think that they would need their statistical analysis guy to determine an unwinable or high improbability of a "miracle win" to rest one of their top players who is coming off an injury. The team can still play for a miracle comeback but at the same time exercising common sense in conserving a player either injured or coming off an injury.

5. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,981ß
    Ratings:
    +2,832 / 7 / -9
    The problem with that though, is Trestman is an offensive minded coach. We have not had one of those in ages.... At least not a smart one.

A good offensive coach always believes that the right play being called and executed properly can shatter any defense. Down 2 or 3 scores in the 4th may still seem in reach for him. It would all come down to ego.

Likewise with his team up 2-3 scores in the 4th. Will he think like an offensive coach with the mindset that a great play properly executed can break any defense, so will he keep trying to add on?

Time will tell.

• Like Like x 1
  6. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    795ß
    Ratings:
    +1,600 / 0 / -3

To quote the immortal 99 "Those are good points". And to paraphrase the gambler Kenny Rogers you gotta know when to hold and fold 'em. Don't go to such lengths of a comeback that you risk an inured player and it becomes a pyrric victory.

I guess we shall see brotha. I'm just hoping for a smart played season and some much better offensive production.