Wooten signing somewhere else

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Marshall#15, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Marshall#15

Marshall#15 Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
  2. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +580 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    132ß
    He certainly won't be back with that attitude.
  3. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +4,006 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    230ß
    Not sure what his "attitude" is in this case, if the Bears do not seem interested in re-signing him, then he is only voicing his opinion on the matter, nothing more.
  4. butkus3595

butkus3595 Veteran

Ratings:
    +385 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    17ß
    Doesn't seem like any team is interested in signing him at the moment. He's gonna have to wait until he's cleared.
  5. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +417 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    26ß
    Nobody will sign him until it gets more clear on his injury situation. Would love to see him back in chi but if not it won't be the end of the world
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +958 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    265ß
    Hip surgery makes this a wait an see for most teams.
  7. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,463 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    686ß
    Signing Izzy on top of also signing guys like Scott and Lane as backup depth pretty much says the Bears are moving on from Wootton. He's never been mentioned as one they'd like to have back. Up 'til now Emery could have hid behind the surgery/recovery excuse but after signing Izzy I just don't see it. I'm still trying to figure out what he did or didn't do that made him expendable.
  8. butkus3595

butkus3595 Veteran

Ratings:
    +385 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    17ß
    Why even mention him if you don't have too? Why create a market or effect a potential market when you don't have to? As for what he has or has not done...one thing he has not done is stay healthy. While he played all 16 games last year he was once again injured...that could play a role. I like Wooton a lot and would like to see him back...but I don't understand the rush to resign a guy when there is nobody else even bringing him in for a visit.
  9. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +995 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    28ß
    What he "did" was get hurt, have an operation, and not have the expectation of medical clearance until June at the earliest from what I've read. It sucks for him but no one can rely upon him for several months yet so contingency plans (like Izzy) have to be made. He probably won't be back with the Bears but it's still possible.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,463 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    686ß
    Well it had to be done but I guess he thought his position with the Bears was more secure than it was. It's probably not much different than the surgeries Marshall has had but Wootton doesn't have the pull Marshall does as far as job security. I'd still like to see him come back and be given a shot at making the team though. I love the thought of having the DE who ended Brett Favre's career.
  11. sluggobear

sluggobear Veteran

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    13ß
    If his hip checks out okay the Bears will let him check out the market. If the price is too high he won't be offered a contract like Melton. He looked like he was coming in to his own in 2012 just playing DE. 2013 is not a good year to judge his performance. I believe, he will be looking for 3-4 years deal with guaranteed money and not a one year contract.
  12. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,463 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    686ß
    I think that's a good read on it sluggo. He was surely expecting something like that last season when he willingly moved inside to show his versatility. Guess we'll have to see how it works out but Emery's move to sign Izzy indicates to me they feel he'll be moving on.
  13. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    19ß
    Signing Izzy is about our total lack of depth last year when the injury bug hit. Houston, Young and Izzy are all less of a pass rusher and better at the run.

I hope that Wootton is back because if he is better at DE, I think he can be the guy that is more of a pass rushing threat. I really like that rotation of players, plus if you add Donald in the draft as a 3Tech, we could have a solid D-line that is much improved.

Bass was not on the field much, but had some flashes, so he can provide some depth.

We still need a fatty in the middle. A true NT for the 3rd and short and goaline situations.
  14. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,476 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    285ß
    Bass was actually pretty effective when he was on the field, for a few weeks he was ranked top 30 by PFF, I know site has it's flaws especially at DL and OL grades, but it's a good way of showing the guy has some potential imo.

I would like Wootton back also, but I'm guessing his contract will be much like everyone elses, the Bears will have a price for him and if another team wants to spend more for him Emery will be happy to let him walk.