Wooten signing somewhere else

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Marshall#15, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Marshall#15

Marshall#15 Rookie

ßearz ßuckz:
  2. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,872ß
    He certainly won't be back with that attitude.

3. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,598ß
    Not sure what his "attitude" is in this case, if the Bears do not seem interested in re-signing him, then he is only voicing his opinion on the matter, nothing more.

4. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,017ß
    Doesn't seem like any team is interested in signing him at the moment. He's gonna have to wait until he's cleared.

5. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    512ß
    Nobody will sign him until it gets more clear on his injury situation. Would love to see him back in chi but if not it won't be the end of the world

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods.
    Staff Member SuperFan

ßearz ßuckz:
    802ß
    Hip surgery makes this a wait an see for most teams.

7. soulman

soulman Position Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,700ß
    Signing Izzy on top of also signing guys like Scott and Lane as backup depth pretty much says the Bears are moving on from Wootton. He's never been mentioned as one they'd like to have back. Up 'til now Emery could have hid behind the surgery/recovery excuse but after signing Izzy I just don't see it. I'm still trying to figure out what he did or didn't do that made him expendable.

8. butkus3595

butkus3595 Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,017ß
    Why even mention him if you don't have too? Why create a market or effect a potential market when you don't have to? As for what he has or has not done...one thing he has not done is stay healthy. While he played all 16 games last year he was once again injured...that could play a role. I like Wooton a lot and would like to see him back...but I don't understand the rush to resign a guy when there is nobody else even bringing him in for a visit.

9. MPbears68

MPbears68 Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,254ß
    What he "did" was get hurt, have an operation, and not have the expectation of medical clearance until June at the earliest from what I've read. It sucks for him but no one can rely upon him for several months yet so contingency plans (like Izzy) have to be made. He probably won't be back with the Bears but it's still possible.

• Like Like x 3
  10. soulman

soulman Position Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,700ß
    Well it had to be done but I guess he thought his position with the Bears was more secure than it was. It's probably not much different than the surgeries Marshall has had but Wootton doesn't have the pull Marshall does as far as job security. I'd still like to see him come back and be given a shot at making the team though. I love the thought of having the DE who ended Brett Favre's career.