Wooten signing somewhere else

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Marshall#15, Mar 18, 2014.

1. sluggobear

sluggobear Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    245ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    If his hip checks out okay the Bears will let him check out the market. If the price is too high he won't be offered a contract like Melton. He looked like he was coming in to his own in 2012 just playing DE. 2013 is not a good year to judge his performance. I believe, he will be looking for 3-4 years deal with guaranteed money and not a one year contract.

2. soulman

soulman Position Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,708ß
    I think that's a good read on it sluggo. He was surely expecting something like that last season when he willingly moved inside to show his versatility. Guess we'll have to see how it works out but Emery's move to sign Izzy indicates to me they feel he'll be moving on.

3. mdbearz

mdbearz Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    240ß
    Signing Izzy is about our total lack of depth last year when the injury bug hit. Houston, Young and Izzy are all less of a pass rusher and better at the run.

I hope that Wootton is back because if he is better at DE, I think he can be the guy that is more of a pass rushing threat. I really like that rotation of players, plus if you add Donald in the draft as a 3Tech, we could have a solid D-line that is much improved.

Bass was not on the field much, but had some flashes, so he can provide some depth.

We still need a fatty in the middle. A true NT for the 3rd and short and goaline situations.

4. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,699ß
    Bass was actually pretty effective when he was on the field, for a few weeks he was ranked top 30 by PFF, I know site has it's flaws especially at DL and OL grades, but it's a good way of showing the guy has some potential imo.

I would like Wootton back also, but I'm guessing his contract will be much like everyone elses, the Bears will have a price for him and if another team wants to spend more for him Emery will be happy to let him walk.