Wootton Signs With Minny......................

Discussion in 'Rival Team Forum' started by soulman, Mar 20, 2014.

1. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,724 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,252ß
    Vikes sign Wotton to a one year deal so it looks like Emery decided he didn't want him back. Now we'll have both our former starting DEs haunting us twice a year. LOL

Vikings signing Corey Wooten to one-year deal
    Defensive lineman joining Vikings Aaron Wilson
    Share[​IMG]
    Print This March 20, 2014, 07:51 PM EST
    The Minnesota Vikings are signing former Chicago Bears veteran free agent defensive lineman Corey Wooton to a one-year contract, according to his agent, Mike McCartney. Wooton is a former Bears fourth-round draft pick selected out of Norhwestern in 2010. He was an All-Big Ten Conference selection.

In 2012, Wooton played in every game and started seven with seven sacks recorded. He also scored a touchdown off a blocked punt. Last season, he started five games and had 34 tackles, three sacks and a forced fumble. For his career, Wooton has recorded 70 tackles, 11 sacks and three forced fumbles.

Follow me on Twitter: @RavensInsider
  2. jbunch14

jbunch14 Veteran

Ratings:
    +153 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    44ß
    Bad move my Emery in my opinion. I think Wootton will flourish once he gets healthy again.
  3. Billie Murray

Billie Murray Rookie

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    seemed worthy of a 1 year $1.5 million deal. How much cap space have they cleared now?
  4. a_miljan

a_miljan Veteran

Ratings:
    +269 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    36ß
    Believe this is not good, Corey was always solid for us, played all around and is our draftee, this is first FA move i really dislike
  5. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +687 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    372ß
    What happened to "he won't sign any contract until June"?! :badmood:

Very bad move imo, now our backup DEs are Izzy, Baas and CornWash. Fuggin awesome. -_-
  6. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +444 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    47ß
    If we were able to get him at 1.5 mil in wish we would have given him that prove it dirt cheap deal. We are still thin at de and he possibly could have been a player that could contribute
  7. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

Ratings:
    +203 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    26ß
    Here we go with all "The Sky Is Falling" posts again. NOBODY on that horrible "D" line was any good last year. FA isn't over with either.
    :-(
    • Like Like x 3
  8. butkus3595

butkus3595 Veteran

Ratings:
    +471 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    140ß
    I somewhat agree. I would have liked to have had Wooton back, but I wouldn't have signed him to a deal this early.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,086 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    111ß
    I'm very surprise ANYONE would sign him this early given his lack of medical clearance. I would like to have had him back but not for this deal and not right now.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. dachuckster

dachuckster Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    106ß
    This ^^^^

I suspect that Halas Hall is as surprised as we are for this reason.

Also, I think we will miss Wootton more than Pep. Corey won't be a star but a solid guy in the rotation.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +4,274 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    549ß
    In related news, Favre is coming out of retirement to QB the Vikings, now that Wootton is on the same team.
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Billie Murray

Billie Murray Rookie

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Nice Muskie!
  13. VJ18

VJ18 Veteran

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    15ß
    On 670 the score they were saying we didnt sign wootton back was because his agent is the same as Melton's. I guess him and Emery dont see eye to eye
  14. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,718 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    520ß
    I will miss Wooten. Not because he was great or a difference maker.

But because he ended Brett Favre's career
    • Like Like x 1
  15. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

Ratings:
    +203 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    26ß
    Thanks, caught a bigger one the day before but it was too foggy for the judge boats to find us. :(
  16. Billie Murray

Billie Murray Rookie

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    :23_28_100[1]: I want to know more! Love fish stories, have a muskie tale of my own: Post in the non-football forum *if you want to talk muskellunge that is* fishing.gif
    • Like Like x 1
  17. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +687 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    372ß
    No, the sky isn't falling, but it wasn't the smartest move to let your most consistent DL walk to a division rival without even giving him the chance to come back and play for us.
  18. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,059 / 3 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    408ß
    I don't understand either of the two assertions you make here.

1)You say he was our "most consistent" DL - does that mean most consistent DL that was healthy last year or does that mean he was our most consistent still "on our team" right before signing somewhere else or does that really mean you think he was the most consistent DL player we've had recently? Because I'd disagree with at least two of those possible assertions and I think you must just be looking at the options we have at the moment and projecting his abilities just a wee bit.

2)Not giving him a chance to come back? How does anyone know what discussions were had or not had? How do we know that there wasn't an offer? How do we know anything that goes on behind closed doors? Your assumption is a possibility, but it implies you think the worst of our front office by default instead of understanding that the business aspect of the game means change each and every year and hoping the cards are dealt in the right combination for the Bears.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

Ratings:
    +203 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    26ß
    I live in the "Northwoods" and have been a tournament fisherman and guide for the last 30 years. Before that I produced and co-hosted sports talk shows in The NYC / Philly area. I fish all sorts of tournaments but my favorite ones are Musky Tournaments. Of those I prefer the "Musky Hunt" on the Chippewa Flowage in Hayward, Wi. It is a invitational, limited to 200 of the best "Musky Sticks" from all over the U.S. This particular fish was from one of those tournaments. It was so foggy the day before that I could barely see my partner in the front of my boat. I was throwing a 11" Terminator top water at 6:30 AM. We were able to net the beast (larger than the one in the pic) but no judge boat could find us in the fog so I had to release it
    un-registered. Funny thing was that we came back the next day, to the same spot at the same time of day and I caught this one using the same bait. This time there was less fog and I was able to register then release this one. Sometimes things simply work out and as it turned out, either fish would have placed 3rd. That's the rest of the story and I hope you enjoyed it. Strange things happen on the waters of the "Big Chip".
    ;)
  20. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

Ratings:
    +203 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    26ß
    ^^^^^^^^
    THIS !
    ;)