Would you rather see the Bears more like the Denver, or Seattle?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Jan 20, 2014.

?

Would you rather see the Bears more like the Denver, or Seattle?

1. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,704 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,227ß
    This is a hypothetical question, because I realize the finished Emery/Trestman team will probably not be like either. But just for the heck of it, what would be your preference? Would you rather see us more like Denver or Seattle's team?
    • Like Like x 1
  2. 4dabers

4dabers Veteran DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +747 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    89ß
    I selected Denver because I can't stand "Dick" Sherman. Actually, I see the Bears as more similar to Denver. The Seahags are lucky to have found a very inexpensive QB to get them to the big dance, thus allowing them the flexibility to go out and buy a Defense. The Broncos obviously went out and payed big money for their QB, which is the direction we have gone (certainly not to the same level in either talent or $, but you get the drift). So, I'm hoping the Bears can follow the Broncos plan, even though we will never see Jay or any other QB play like Manning. Perhaps it would be best to combine a bit from both.
  3. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,323 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,501ß
    We don't have the qb to be like the Bronc's, we don't have the cap to build a D like Sea or SF. We need to be more like Balt, problem is Balt, much like SF and Sea won b/c they didn't have cap wrapped into an overpaid QB that isn't elite. The Bears have to now be their own team, more like NO's, but w/non elite QB, they'll need to draft and bring in young cheap FA's who can produce a D near top 10 D for 1 to 2 years while the O carries them.
  4. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,061 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,312ß
    I want a combo plan.

A defense with ego and an attitude
    An offense that can smack you silly
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,202 / 3 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    574ß
    Well, I think Seattle looks more like a traditional Bears team, so I'm inclined to answer that way. However, I don't believe the current Bears will ever look that way on offense...so I'd say our own thing. The real attractant to a Seattle like team is the defensive scheme and attitude.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,704 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,227ß
    I see Seattle as having accomplished what Angelo/Lovie should have done here. The problem with Lovie and Angelo, was that they couldn't get the offense figured out. They had the defense and special teams to make it work. Sometimes I think the Cutler move was not necessary IF they had the gears to draft better offense talent. But of course they couldn't. Once they went down the Cutler path, they couldn't provide the level of talent around him so that he could be successful. The ceiling for that team was never going to be at the Super Bowl level again.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. latorreedgar

latorreedgar Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I picked the Seahawks just because I love the smack you in the mouth attitude I wish we had with our defense.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. BearDownUnder

BearDownUnder Veteran

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    35ß
    Right now I think we are closer to Denver in a top line O and trying to assemble a D that can come together for playoffs. Veteran QB, great weapons, building up the O line (Denver's is great) and building a running game that you need come play offs. Jay isn't Manning of course but maybe our weapons and RB are better than theirs.

Denver's defense is what I hope ours can become. Remember Denver was a team built on D before Manning came to town and then they fell away for most of this year but they have got hot in the play offs. They secondary has managed to do the job, their linebackers are probably under appreciated and then a couple of quality free agent signings lead the way up front on a D line capable of stopping run and pressuring the QB. Terrance Knighton and Shaun Phillips are exactly what we need to add to our defense.

Seattle's D is just amazing. And they run the ball and then run play action to get what has been just enough O to win the last two weeks. Wilson is a very good QB at making the clutch play when needed but they have a battling O. I'd love to have the dominant D but to assemble one like that you probably need to spend more than we have on a lot of FA (they got Bennett and Avril last year) as well as draft like crazy.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. rich1978

rich1978 Veteran

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    107ß
    Seattle. Screw Manning and his bloodline dynasty entitlement. I want some dirt, some grit, some nastiness. Give me Seattle, the unfashionable schmucks with the loud fans, the mean run game and the meaner D.

Gotta love Sherman. the guy is a winner. he talks shit but that D backs it up. I'm fed up with the 'pussification' of the NFL. I dont want some suppine slick PR interview from my Defensive players. I want a frothing crazed borderline psychotic snarling at the mic. I dont want the Bears to be liked, I dont want wet fanboys stroking themselves over us or braindead 'pundits' blurting out the same hackneyed phrases and inane 'insight' into the game on NFL.com. I want to be hated, to be feared and loathed, to be a mean bunch of mofos who will beat you down and pick you up to beat you down again. Butkus and the monsters, Bear football, smashmouth grit and power, pride and strength, nasty vile and mean. Proper football from an age we only remember. I'd love a defence full of Earl thomas's, Kam Chancellors and Richard Shermans. a bunch of nasty fucks who dont give a fuck. thats what I want, thats what we all secretly want deep down. Thats why Soldier field always cheers a huge hit more than a TD, thats why we like it when its -20 and we know the pussies from Florida or Texas or Socal are gonna be dreading that flight up north for 'Bear weather', that's why defence is so important and we're probably only one of a few teams where the majority of fans have a defensive player as their all-time fave. thats why we just dont care what others think.

deep down we'd all love to see that kind of D back at Chicago, its who we are, its in our blood and we like it.
    • Like Like x 8
  10. rich1978

rich1978 Veteran

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    107ß
    Excuse the language, i kinda got into a BEARS rant there!
  11. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,233 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    157ß
    Post of the month^
    • Like Like x 1
  12. jbunch14

jbunch14 Veteran

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    90ß
    Bravo!! That was terrific. Through the years I have always been more impressed watching a Bears team intimidate and dominate on D than watching a shootout on O. It's just in the bloodlines for the Bears, and I don't want that to change. Now, if we have that with a top 10 O, then so be it! ;)
  13. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,704 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,227ß
    Most Bears fans probably feel the exact same way. It will be interesting to see if Emery/Trestman can fix the defense. We all enjoy watching Jay Cutler on offense, but if we don't have a respectable defense to go with the Jay show here in Chicago, then it will be a short tenure for Emery and Trestman. Fans understand we may not have defenses as good as we had under Lovie Smith, but they also don't want to see a defense that is pathetically weak. It was embarrassing for a lot of fans this year, to have the league watch a Bears defense that was a powder-puff D......and one of the worst defenses in the entire NFL.

And Emery (hopefully) can draft D better than he showed us with the Shea McClellen pick. We're all "hopeful" that things will get better. But I was always "hopeful" that Angelo/Lovie could get the offense figured out. They didn't. Now's the time for Emery/Trestman to show they are better than that, and can figure out the D here in Chicago. If it's just going to be the Cutler show, coupled with an abortion for a defense, I don't think most fans will be satisfied with that. And we sure won't unseat the Green Bay Packers that way.
  14. phatdude

phatdude Veteran

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    46ß
    As it stands today, I picked the SleezeHawks. Because even though Jay is no Manning, we have some great offensive weapons and Trestman. Think about it, if I said "would you take Broncos offense and keep the Bears current defense" you'd have to say no. If I said "Take the SeaHawks D, toss ours out and keep our Offense" you all would be down for it!
  15. phatdude

phatdude Veteran

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    46ß
    No reason to apologize! We all (or at least me) feels the same way.

The Bears NEVER get respect. Ever. Even if they are doing well, it's always treated half hearted. For a team that has been around almost a 100 years, I'd think we would be a little more respected. Even as early as last year we were feared on Defense. The fear of forcing turnovers, let alone SCORING on defense (the only way we stayed afloat last year) is how it needs to be. Even Hester is sometimes still feared.

I also agree with this "Manning obsession". Denver is always guilty of it. When Tebow was in town, he was the savior. I always say Denvers QB Jerseys come with velcro on the name so you can switch them out season to season. I wonder how many Tebow jerseys are at the Denver Goodwill store now?

I like that Jay is hated by so many (including some Bear fans LOL!). These cookiee cutter, pretty boy QBs make me ill.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,542 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    543ß
    I'm going with the Patriots. Able to find great players at a discount, genius HC, best front office in the league AND a QB that is a bit of a dick when his offense isn't any good
  17. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,542 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    543ß
    I disagree. When the Bears were doing well in 2006, many in the media agreed with Dennis Greene, that they were a good team, but lacked a real quarterback. That turned out to be the truth, but many prognosticators had them as being the "Buffalo Bills of the 00's", in that they were going to dominate the NFC, but have trouble winning it all.

If anything, they were being generous, and Bears fans have too high of expectations
    • Like Like x 1
  18. phatdude

phatdude Veteran

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    46ß
  19. Cutthroat6

Cutthroat6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz: