Would you rather see the Bears more like the Denver, or Seattle?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Jan 20, 2014.

?

Would you rather see the Bears more like the Denver, or Seattle?

1. Denver Broncos - let us know why.

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. Seattle Seahawks - let us know why.

15 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. A different team - let us know which one.

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  4. I want us to be unique, and not like either team (tell us what you'd like to ultimately see here).

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  1. Wolfman

Wolfman
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach

Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Smashmouth football doesn't equal being a classless jerk...if Sherman is the model some of you want, no fucking thanks...

• Like Like x 1
  2. little bear

little bear
    Expand Collapse
    Head Coach

I want my Bears to play like the team that won the Super Bowl in 1985. ;)

• Like Like x 4
  3. phatdude

phatdude
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

But adjusted for inflation ;) Even the fridge is considered small by today's standards. I also would like to see more Sweetness style play. His spins, hurdles, stiffarms were a thing of legends. You don't see play like that anymore.

4. riczaj01

riczaj01
    Expand Collapse
    DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

b/c of the cap, and inflation teams like the 85 Bears-the early 00's Cowboys will never be seen again.

5. BSBEARS

BSBEARS
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

I picked Denver and did not even have to think twice. Before Lovie got canned I was arguing with my nephews over how bad I wanted an offense that could win games in the final quarter rather than a Defense trying to hang on. Since the 70's the Bears have always been that great Defense trying to hold on, and we have one Super Bowl in 85 to show for all them great Defenses. It feels like since the 85 Bears we lost many games in the final minutes. From Joe Montana, to Steve Young, to Barry Sanders, to ...... Aaron Rodgers. I want a chance to win, not a chance to lose, and history shows you win with an offense. Thus I want an awesome offense and average Defense.

6. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

I think you just need to find that "sweet spot" balance between D and O, where one can be more dominant than the other - but it isn't a situation where one unit is absolute garbage like our D is now. If either unit is pure garbage, then you're screwed. Lovie had garbage for offense. Trestman had garbage for defense. Surely there's a "sweet spot" in the middle that we can attain and win championships again. It just seems like forever since we've won a Super Bowl here.

7. GermansbombedPH

GermansbombedPH
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

Broncos.

I never want to be like a team that is coached by stupid Carroll with the most flags being thrown at by the refs. Their secondary holds on EVERY snap, every play.

8. DavidL

DavidL
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler
    SuperFan

I said Seattle. Good defense stops good offense. Watch the Super Bowl (sticking my neck out here!!).

• Like Like x 2
  9. rich1978

rich1978
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran
    SuperFan

See, that's what I'm talkin' about!

Defences win Championships. never been truer! People can give you all this nonsense about it being a passing game and offence-first game but Seattle turned that on its head today.

That Seattle display was the best defensive display in the big one since our very own '85 Bears! We're the Bears, we want a Bears-worthy defence! Sheman and co. proved themselves time and time again. History is written by the victors and their smack talk is fair play when they back it up with a beatdown against the best regular season offence we've seen! (sherm has proved he is a class act off the field too!)

dont like the trash talk, the swagger and the aggression? go play with your dolls, leave the big boy stuff to the men.

Well done Seattle, I'd choose their D over Manning & his O. Any day of the week and twice on any given (superbowl) sunday!

10. a_miljan

a_miljan
    Expand Collapse
    Pro-Bowler

when i think about it - Seattle ;)