Would you rather see the Bears more like the Denver, or Seattle?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by JustAnotherBearsFan99, Jan 20, 2014.

?

Would you rather see the Bears more like the Denver, or Seattle?

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,486 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    314ß
    BS, it's cool that you disagree, while I defend my beliefs, I'm not going to say i'm undoubtedly right and you are 100% wrong.

It's not that great qb's have overpriced themselves, guys like Brady/Manning/Brees/Rodgers are still worth every penny b/c they elevate average players around them(or at least used to, not sure Manning does anymore). It's about average qb's pricing themselves out, guys like Cutler, Romo, Rivers, Ryan; unless you think Cutler is great, and then you're right we'll have to agree to disagree b/c nothing I have ever seen of Cutler says great. Cutler is very average and his fundamental problem is exactly what is going to prevent the Bears from winning a SB, turnovers.

This flexibity is a myth until used, and they won't use it this year b/c if they were going to they would have just built this year's flexibility into it. The idea that this is some kind of get out of jail free flexibility is all a smoke screen to keep heat off them, and I'll remain skeptical until I actually see it and that it has no consequences. Even if it were to happen, we aren't talking 8-10 mil in flexibility.
  2. butkus3595

butkus3595 Veteran

Ratings:
    +385 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    17ß
    Why build something in if you don't know you're going to use it? They put it in there to use when needed. They can't use it right now because they can't sign anyone right now. As for the amount...it could be 20 mill if they want too. I really don't get where you're coming from right now. Cutler is better than average.
  3. butkus3595

butkus3595 Veteran

Ratings:
    +385 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    17ß
    2 qbs doing well doesn't equate to all college qbs being more ready to come in and start...and Wilson and Kaepernick had very up and down years.
  4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,866 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    115ß
    There is one really good thing that will probably come out of the recent playoffs and Super Bowl. Emery and Trestman, both, seem to be very bright students of the game, and they just witnessed what it takes to win now in the NFL.

It will be crystal clear to them that simply having a solid offense, and a weak defense - won't get them a division title, and for sure not a Super Bowl title. They HAVE to be serious about building a fairly decent defense to go WITH the solid offense. Otherwise, it's the exact flip-side of the Lovie Smith teams where we had a great defense but due to not having a solid offense to go with the defense - we never won a Super Bowl. Emery in particular is smart enough to understand he has to do some really serious upgrades to that defense. Trestman surely understands it too. Lovie never got the memo, and we were screwed.

Hopefully Emery/Trestman > Angelo/Lovie here.
  5. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,486 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    314ß
    Luck,Foles Newton seems to be coming into his own. Flacco came in, and while he struggles in the reg season, even his first few years he was pretty damn good in the post season, it's not a couple of qb's.
    It was a few years ago w/the new scaled rookie wage so there is a few areas things you have to take into consideration:
    1) NFL rules jumped the shark when it came to protecting qb's
    2) College teams, really HS also if you do some reading you'll find out that many states allow HS teams to run 7-7 drills during the summer and many of the top programs allow their qb's to call the plays at the LoS, are preparing their Qb's for the NFL at a higher rate then ever
    3) Rookie wage scale made it possible to build your team around your rookie qb and not slam the rookie qb into a team.
  6. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,866 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    115ß
    That's a good point. It's amazingly different than even a few years ago, regarding QB's coming into the NFL. And don't you figure with a guy like Trestman as our HC, makes it even MORE doable bringing in a young guy here?
  7. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,486 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    314ß
    Yep, in the 90's you had a lot of pro qb's coming out of CA HS's, and they did this, and now you have a lot of pro qb's coming out of Texas HS's and they now do this, and it seems to work wonders on their ability to read a Def and go through their progressions.
  8. phatdude

phatdude Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I agree, I really wish I was a fly on the wall wherever Trestman (and Mel for that fact) were watching the game. To see a Defense shut down a #1 offense, including the Manning factor was something to behold. It was awesome.

Let's hope that our coaches see this and attempt to mimic a D like that.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. NakWho

NakWho Guest

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    SEATTLE ,.... the age old addage came to fruition , DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPs

Considering the monies the BEars have spent since the 7 -9 '09 season I wouldn't have minded if they dumped JA and Lovie back to grab Carroll YUP
    Sup Jabzzzzz,...don'teven ask who else calls you JABZ! ! !
  10. mancunian

mancunian Veteran

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I'd go for more like Seattle, strong D, like to the run football. Isn't that the Bears way?
    • Like Like x 1
  11. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +170 / 1 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    147ß
    I wanna see us win. CHICAGO BEARS WIN. Not any other team ... CHICAGO BEARS invent what is winning.

Seattle and Frisco are dominate in the NFC ... its our job to take that away.

Thats what its always been about ... they are up one season ... if we play our cards right ...

we are up next season. If we play our cards right.
  12. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,291 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    173ß
    Again, the Patriots. If it weren't for two fluke plays (and their head coach outthinking himself in 2007), they would have 5 SB wins within a decade. Seattle is the flavor of the month, New England is the real deal.
  13. jackiejokeman

jackiejokeman Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +170 / 1 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    147ß
    Thats the problem Henry,

That we have to be a "me too" style.

Instead of charting our own course ... and let others follow our lead.

Thats what CHICAGO BEARS have always been.