Wow! I missed article back in 2012. Did anyone know this?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Bearsinhouston, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,890 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,199ß
    It was a little surprising how bad he was given his past successes. Kind of interesting. I had never read this before.

NFL Rumors: Did Mike Tice Sabotage Mike Martz As Chicago Bears Offensive Coordinator?
    October 9, 2012 11:52 am EDT by CBJ
    [​IMG]

A source with ties to former Chicago Bearscenter Olin Kreutz has told me that Bears current offensive coordinator Mike Tice sabotaged former offensive coordinator Mike Martz his previous two seasons (2010 and 2011).

According to Kruetz, Tice would call line assignments that differed from offensive plays. In the process of doing so, these would cause certain offensive plays not to work. Kreutz went on to say that Martz was the smartest offensive coordinator he ever worked with, and felt that Tice was attempting to force him out of the role. Martz resigned last season after the Bears failed to make the playoffs, while Tice was promoted to offensive coordinator from his role as offensive line coach by head coach Lovie Smith.

Kreutz has never been one to keep his feelings to himself. When he wasn’t re-signed by the Bears last season, it wasn’t a very pretty situation. Kreutz felt that he wasn’t being treated with respect and signed with the New Orleans Saints before retiring about halfway through the season. Many considered Kreutz a leader in the locker room, but rumors began to develop that Kreutz and Jay Cutlerdidn’t always get along. Regardless of that relationship and others, the whole Kreutz situation was a big mess after the lockout last season. One can assume that Kreutz may still have some hard feelings towards the team and his former position coach Tice, but his words shouldn’t be discounted either.

There’s no question that it was time for the Bears to part ways with the veteran, but as one of the team’s most popular players, it didn’t end as well as many fans would have liked. As much as I liked and respected Kreutz, his better days were behind him.

You can follow me on Twitter @chicagobearjew.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,319 / 9 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,495ß
    I think this is giving Tice WAY to much credit. I guess a bigger question is, why is an O so unorganized to have the LC calling plays in game for the OL and the OC is calling plays only for the QB and "skilled" players?

Shouldn't the QB when the calls come in give the assignments to everyone?
  3. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,890 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,199ß
    There are definitely some questions and raised eyebrows, but usually there is at least a shred of truth to these things. They normally don't start in a vacuum. (unless the thought popped up in Tices head of course)
    • Like Like x 3
  4. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,233 / 0 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    157ß
    It wouldn't surprise me things were piecemealed in the Lovie era. Martz was no genius with his inability to audible, the 7 step drops, and the excessive passing.
  5. weneedmorelinemen

weneedmorelinemen Veteran

Ratings:
    +387 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    108ß
    Mike Tice is Keyser Sose. Just look at that picture JABF99 keeps posting. Can't you see the criminal genius that lurks behind those eyes?

I'm telling you, the Hester Package is finally ready. Bet the farm on Atlanta to win the SB.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    Ummm, isn't that Twitter handle similar to what Carimi called himself, "BearJew". Could it be or was there an authors name given that's not posted?

As poorly as that line played and as many times as Cutler was hit and sacked either those guys were the worst line known to man (possible), Martz was a fool to keep calling plays with 7 step drops (also possible), or the article has some merit. Sure was a crappy offense but Tice's was even crappier. Kinda like North Korea. His Daddy was an idiot but sonny boy is a total moron.

Kruetz not liking Cutler much isn't surprising. They're more alike than it would seem which is often why that happens but then again there are a lot of people Olin didn't like. If he thought the offer he got was bad he should have stuck around for Emery's. He'd have been paying the Bears to play. I can believe most anything when it comes to Tice and remember he turned down a similar position with the Titans I believe it was.

Anyway, Tice was Lovie's Brutus. The coach who finally stuck the knife in deep. But it kind of proves all the dysfunction that was going on behind the scenes that we sensed but never knew for certain because of Lovie's stoicism and Angelo's bullshit. I can buy what the story says but it makes no difference now. They're all gone. Every single one of them and for the first time since the days of Jim Finks and Jerry Vainisi I feel like we have a good front office and a good coaching staff who are on the same page working together as opposed to at odds with one another.

What a relief. It's almost like :10_14_5[1]:
    • Like Like x 2
  7. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    Whatta ya' mean? He doesn't look a thing like Kevin Spacey. ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Bearstuff

Bearstuff Yes, in the woods. Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +1,202 / 3 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    574ß
    So, according to this article, Tice sabotaged Martz with bad line calls and no one ever said a word in the film room or in meetings. No one at other skill positions noticed. The QB wasn't smart enough to know the line call and the play call didn't match. OR.....everyone on the team was in on the sabotage.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
    • Like Like x 5
  9. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    Yep, Mike Tice is so smart and sneaky he fooled them all. :rolleyes:
  10. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,697 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,222ß
    I will always believe Lovie and Tice have CIA ties, and The Hester Package is their secret conspiracy that will bring world powers to their knees. The sheer brilliance of Tice and Lovie will never be fully appreciated. These men were geniuses, yet evil and diabolical. Of course Lovie and Tice designed this evil scheme to lose under Mike Martz' tenure as OC. It fulfills a prophecy that is over 3000 years old.

Lovie knew he and Tice would be let go by the Bears and picked up in Tampa and Atlanta. The move of the Hester Package out of Chicago was planned back as far as 1987 when Ditka was still here - and it was a young Lovie and Tice manipulating the puppet strings back then. Long before they were hired by the Bears.

If you play the old Beatles Abbey Road song, "Here Comes the Sun" backwards (it's the 7th song on the album) at exactly 2:03 minutes in, you'll hear an evil croak that is Lovie saying something about the Hester Package and then you can just barely make out something that sounds like "Genesis is with J'Marcus" and then it's all jibberish after that. We should all be VERY afraid. Somehow I'm convinced Conte is behind this in SOME evil way too (isn't he to be blamed for everything bad in Chicago.....even the potholes in our streets?). I fully expect Urlacher to reveal some of this on his next television appearance, and we'll all condemn him for being "negative" by reporting on the entire scheme. Keep in mind that Brian is actually a "good guy" here, yet we are all blind to see it. He'll ultimately be the fall guy and won't have his jersey retired by the McCaskeys (who are also up to their eyeballs in the conspiracy). Here are the main players:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,760ß
    Well I'll be damned. It was a lot more complex than I ever imagined. :confused:
  12. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros Staff Member SuperFan

Ratings:
    +4,588 / 8 / -6
    ßearz ßuckz:
    943ß
    The "shred of truth" in this case would probably be that Tice called different line assignments. Of course WHY he might have done so is pure speculation. Perhaps this is true, but the reasoning behind why it was done is unknown, so Olin is simply speculating a reason that seems to make sense to him, but perhaps it is wrong. Perhaps Tice had different reasons to call the line assignments like he did, who knows?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,890 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,199ß
    oooh... ooohhh I know. He didn't know the right ones.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. weneedmorelinemen

Ratings:
    +387 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    108ß
    I'm going to address this with some seriousness. If Kreutz actually thought Tice was making line calls that was screwing up Martz's plays, I have a simpler and more probable answer than he did it on purpose to manuever into the OC role. Are you ready for this alternate solution to the JFK Magic Bullet theory to oust Martz?

Tice was making the wrong line calls that caused Martz's passing plays to fail because Tice is stupid.

There it is. It's not so much of a conspiracy plot as it is sheer incompetence at the position.
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,890 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,199ß
    dammit... now I have to be serious.

There may or may not be any truth to the motivations, although more than one person has been known to undermine others in order to get what they want. I do lend credence to Kreutz being in a position to know. He was the leader of that line and played enough ball to know what calls were the right calls. He may even have been in a position to know what Martz wanted, but that is speculation. Whether Tice was trying to make Martz fail (Martz seemed to also have been implementing his own plan in that regard) or whether he just did not know what plays were effective (probably the case), bad line calls were being made.

Thinking about it, if Tice was calling some of that stuff, maybe HE was the guy calling some of the 7 step drops because he thought his line could do it. On the other hand, Cutler told Martz to go F himself, not Tice. Suffice it to say that the interplay was not what it should have been. And Lovie was presiding over the whole mess. A good HC would not have put up with that crap.
  16. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +694 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    401ß
    Truth is Tice is moron and I agree his stupidity could never have pulled off such a coup attempt. Throw in Lovie who couldn't find his way out of a paper bag and we get exactly what we deserved from those clowns. Politics of the NFL are still working good hence both numb nuts are still in the NFL coaching.
  17. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,890 / 7 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,199ß

My God!!! Why didn't we see this earlier?! It was all there laid out for us to see, yet no one but JABF was able to connect the dots. So simple, yet so intricate! There is Lovie in the last pic already hatching his next plan in Tampa. How do create defensive dominance at the cost of his Offense.
  18. weneedmorelinemen

Ratings:
    +387 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    108ß
    I think Kreutz was just thinking that no one is this stupid to be making these wrong call. This has to be on purpose. But I think Tice is just that stupid it must have appeared to be deliberate.

If Tice was smart enough to sabotage Martz, you'd think he'd have lasted longer than one season as an OC or at least put up better numbers than Martz with Marshall on the roster.
  19. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,697 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,222ß
    It's a conspiracy alright. And it's all funded by Goodell's so-called player safety fines (heck, Suh's fines alone funded most of the evil plan). And have you ever wondered why Roswell, New Mexico, has never been awarded an NFL franchise?

[​IMG]
  20. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +2,697 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,222ß
    And do you guys REALLY believe Conte just "missed" that defense assignment against Green Bay? Seriously. That play was carefully orchestrated at the highest levels of our nation. Obama puts on a big front about being a Chicago Bears fan, but he's a closet Packer fan controlled by an alien planet of cheese heads.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014