Wow! I missed article back in 2012. Did anyone know this?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Bearsinhouston, Apr 1, 2014.

1. soulman

soulman Position Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,693ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Well I'll be damned. It was a lot more complex than I ever imagined. :confused:

2. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    2,598ß
    The "shred of truth" in this case would probably be that Tice called different line assignments. Of course WHY he might have done so is pure speculation. Perhaps this is true, but the reasoning behind why it was done is unknown, so Olin is simply speculating a reason that seems to make sense to him, but perhaps it is wrong. Perhaps Tice had different reasons to call the line assignments like he did, who knows?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,337ß
    oooh... ooohhh I know. He didn't know the right ones.

• Like Like x 2
  4. weneedmorelinemen

ßearz ßuckz:
    489ß
    I'm going to address this with some seriousness. If Kreutz actually thought Tice was making line calls that was screwing up Martz's plays, I have a simpler and more probable answer than he did it on purpose to manuever into the OC role. Are you ready for this alternate solution to the JFK Magic Bullet theory to oust Martz?

Tice was making the wrong line calls that caused Martz's passing plays to fail because Tice is stupid.

There it is. It's not so much of a conspiracy plot as it is sheer incompetence at the position.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Bearsinhouston

DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,337ß
    dammit... now I have to be serious.

There may or may not be any truth to the motivations, although more than one person has been known to undermine others in order to get what they want. I do lend credence to Kreutz being in a position to know. He was the leader of that line and played enough ball to know what calls were the right calls. He may even have been in a position to know what Martz wanted, but that is speculation. Whether Tice was trying to make Martz fail (Martz seemed to also have been implementing his own plan in that regard) or whether he just did not know what plays were effective (probably the case), bad line calls were being made.

Thinking about it, if Tice was calling some of that stuff, maybe HE was the guy calling some of the 7 step drops because he thought his line could do it. On the other hand, Cutler told Martz to go F himself, not Tice. Suffice it to say that the interplay was not what it should have been. And Lovie was presiding over the whole mess. A good HC would not have put up with that crap.

6. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    584ß
    Truth is Tice is moron and I agree his stupidity could never have pulled off such a coup attempt. Throw in Lovie who couldn't find his way out of a paper bag and we get exactly what we deserved from those clowns. Politics of the NFL are still working good hence both numb nuts are still in the NFL coaching.

7. Bearsinhouston

DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,337ß

My God!!! Why didn't we see this earlier?! It was all there laid out for us to see, yet no one but JABF was able to connect the dots. So simple, yet so intricate! There is Lovie in the last pic already hatching his next plan in Tampa. How do create defensive dominance at the cost of his Offense.

8. weneedmorelinemen

ßearz ßuckz:
    489ß
    I think Kreutz was just thinking that no one is this stupid to be making these wrong call. This has to be on purpose. But I think Tice is just that stupid it must have appeared to be deliberate.

If Tice was smart enough to sabotage Martz, you'd think he'd have lasted longer than one season as an OC or at least put up better numbers than Martz with Marshall on the roster.

9. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,747ß
    It's a conspiracy alright. And it's all funded by Goodell's so-called player safety fines (heck, Suh's fines alone funded most of the evil plan). And have you ever wondered why Roswell, New Mexico, has never been awarded an NFL franchise?

[​IMG]

10. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,747ß
    And do you guys REALLY believe Conte just "missed" that defense assignment against Green Bay? Seriously. That play was carefully orchestrated at the highest levels of our nation. Obama puts on a big front about being a Chicago Bears fan, but he's a closet Packer fan controlled by an alien planet of cheese heads.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#20 JustAnotherBearsFan99, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014