Wow, the Dolphins locker room is a pressure keg...

Discussion in 'Rival Team Forum' started by Henry Burris, Nov 3, 2013.

1. ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Ratings:
    +11 / 3 / -6
    LOL the plot thickens
  2. The Benjamin

The Benjamin Bear Down Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,274 / 3 / -6
    Racism is inherited, and passed down
  3. ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Ratings:
    +11 / 3 / -6
    game time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. 4th and 26

4th and 26 Staff Member

Ratings:
    +401 / 1 / -2
    That all depends on what color the person is that make that statement Benjamin. lol
  5. Loki

Loki Assault Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,273 / 12 / -0
    Since you haven't acknowledged it, or done anything to even hint that you have caught on to his warning, I am telling you right now... and flat out:

I don't care if you're as pure as the driven snow. Use that word on this board again, and it doesn't not matter what your intent is. There isn't a small enough number to accurately count the F****s I give about your intent. You'll be gone within a nanosecond of my seeing it.

Do you understand?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Jimmors

Jimmors The Rhymenoceros SuperFan

Ratings:
    +3,335 / 8 / -0
    The color doesnt matter, only the intent and context of how you are using it.
  7. Henry Burris

Henry Burris

Ratings:
    +1,943 / 8 / -2
    If I find a link later, I'll post it, but apparently Incognito was using his powers as one of the captains of the team to keep the coaches and other higher ups from learning about this behavior. The Dolphins absolutely have done the right thing, in response to all this, as their owner personally asked Goodell for an investigation into this. The example of that white wide receiver in Philly being compared to this is out of line. That guy was drunk, and there's a possibility he wasn't even meaning to be negative, just a stupid, drunk, young 20's kid. He talked to his team about it, apologized, and now nobody really cares about it. There's absolutely no defending Incognito here, from any logical standpoint. Again, for those few that don't get it:

1. Threats against his mother
    2. Using racial slurs against him over the phone.
    3. Threatening to kill him
    Since those few who don't get it, would probably see things differently if he were a Chicago bear, let's pretend we took him over slauson. He bullies Mills to the point of leaving the team, and making the guy fearful for his life. Now we've got 2 offensive linemen missing. Incognito deserves anything that's coming his way, and will NOT work in the NFL anytime soon. No GM is going to want the WORST (worse than Randy Moss, T.O., Ochocinco) locker room cancer to possibly cause their rookies to not only be unable to play football at a high level because of distractions from another player, but to be in fear of their life. Incognito is ridiculous on a scale by himself, and.....I'm getting kinda ***** seeing so many Jets fans wanting him, now that he's released. Real classy.
  8. Henry Burris

Henry Burris

Ratings:
    +1,943 / 8 / -2
    Mike Ditka weighed in on the situation: He thinks one of the Dolphins should beat the **** out of him outside the locker room. I'm generally opposed to vigilante justice, but....it would make the Dolphins locker room look a lot better.
  9. Henry Burris

Henry Burris

Ratings:
    +1,943 / 8 / -2
    and Players like Mike Wallace and Carlos Dansby are defending Incognito...oh boy.
  10. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,274 / 3 / -6
    This is going to get worse before it gets better
  11. little bear

little bear

Ratings:
    +353 / 0 / -0
    I actually would pay to see Jonathan Martin break this fucker's nose.

Incognito has been a scumbag for years. Ban him from the league and be done with him.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Henry Burris

Henry Burris

Ratings:
    +1,943 / 8 / -2
    Tony Dungy said Bill Polian had him on their "Do not Draft, Character Issues" list. IIRC, he SHOULD have been a 2nd round pick, but getting kicked out of one college, and getting in trouble at his second one really showed who he is.
  13. riczaj01

riczaj01

Ratings:
    +1,798 / 5 / -4
    They should send down the Packers, they could suck all the pressure out of that keg....and still have plenty of suck left over.
  14. little bear

little bear

Ratings:
    +353 / 0 / -0
    The NFL's dirtiest players (#1 Suh, #2 Incognito) are both former Cornhuskers. Coincidence?
  15. Trackguy

Trackguy

Ratings:
    +84 / 1 / -0
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ted-incognito-to-toughen-up-martin/?cid=Yahoo

Looks like the Dolphin brass may have ordered a Code Red. The plot thickens....

Report: Coaches wanted Incognito to toughen up Martin
    Posted by Mike Florio on November 5, 2013, 9:56 PM EST
    [​IMG]Getty Images
    When Armando Salguero of the Miami Heraldvisited PFT Live on Tuesday and we discussed the possibility that Dolphins guard Richie Incognito’s treatment of tackle Jonathan Martin came at the behest of a coaching staffhoping to make Martin tougher, Salguero predicted that, if that ends up being the case, a lot of people will be fired.

A lot of people apparently will be fired.

According to Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Dolphins coaches asked Incognito “to toughen up” Martin after he missed a voluntary workout during the 2013 offseason. Kelly cites “at least two” unnamed sources.

Per the unnamed sources, Incognito may have taken his orders too far. Specifically, the sources tell Kelly that the racially-charged voice message from Incognito to Martin came after skipped two days of the team’s voluntary OTA program.

“Incognito was encouraged by his coaches to make a call that would ‘get [Martin] into the fold,’” Kelly reports.

Regardless of whether Incognito took his orders too far, those who gave the orders will be facing serious consequences, if the report is accurate. Management-level employees can’t pull the rip cord on a reputed nut job and then throw their hands in the air and say “that was an overreaction” when the local enforcer is overly zealous with his methods of enforcement.

Apart from the fact that the report suggests a violation of the rules regarding voluntary workouts, the report indicates that the coaches set in motion the events that resulted in Martin leaving the team due to ongoing harassment by Incognito. Even though Kelly’s report focuses specifically on communications occurring in the offseason, it’s quite possible that the effort to toughen up Martin was as extensive as the cinematic effort to “train” PFC William Santiago.

To summarize, one of the biggest messes in recent years is about to get a lot messier. And if Kelly’s report is accurate, more people than Incognito will soon be former employees of the Dolphins.
  16. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +1,274 / 3 / -6
    If that's true, that franchise is screwed
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Ratings:
    +11 / 3 / -6
    no it doesn't. It means the pc police need to keep their noses out of where it doesn't belong.
    no ones defending being dumb which Richie may well be but no major actual crime was committed.

its only thanks to social media that this is a dumb well known story. Martin was said to be participating in the same pranks he bitched about the following week and he has parents who are lawyers who no doubt directed him to take the actions he did which have backfired in his face.
    Its just caused a majority of NFL players to say "stay the hell out of our locker rooms" the public is just taking the stupid media angle about bullying when in fact its just the typical -jock/one of the boys- mindset in action. Its never going to change and what ever the NFL says its doing to look into this will ultimately be a façade and and football life will eventually continue as it always has. Martin should have been a man from the get go and either laughed it off or told the guys to screw themselves and went about his business.But instead, he is the reason this thing is a stupid circus. This is a non-story but thanks to social media its portrayed as the biggest story in the world LOL
  18. 4th and 26

4th and 26 Staff Member

Ratings:
    +401 / 1 / -2
    I am so freaking tired of people saying "someone should have been a man" from the get go and either laugh it off or tell the other guys to screw themselves. I go though a type of harassment at work every freaking day and it eventually takes a toll on a person. Yeah I could be a man and tell my boss to F off yet lose my job. I have family to take care of and I can't do this shit yet the people who bust my ball are management . Nobody and I mean nobody should go though bull shit harassment. You call my house and threaten my family may throw me over the edge to snap and take the asshole out. The point I am making is that this shit should not happen and asshole players should not be leaving dumbass messages like this dipshit did on someone answering machine.
    • Like Like x 3
  19. ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Ratings:
    +11 / 3 / -6
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...cognito-called-him-n-181618860--nfl.html?vp=1