WR Morgan Says Assault Incident Almost Over..............

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Jun 4, 2014.

1. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,856 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,565ß
    Bears WR Josh Morgan says assault incident almost ‘over with’

[​IMG]
    Bears wideout Josh Morgan said this is similar to his rookie season

Josh Morgan said Tuesday he felt like a rookie, coming to the Bears to fight for a wide receiver job after two seasons with the Redskins. And he said there was one advantage to it — no longer playing in his hometown of Washington, D.C.

“Guys don’t really recognize you, they don’t really know who you are,” he said. “For me, that’s kind of fun.
    “I just want to be recognized for what I do on the football field and helping my team win games. “It’s kind of fun not being the hometown hero and not having all that attention — and everybody stabbing at you trying to get in your pockets and make news.”

Along those lines, Morgan said his April assault arrest is almost settled. He was accused of punching a man outside a Washington, D.C., nightclub, days after signing with the Bears. He maintained afterward he never touched the man.

“Pretty much,” he said Tuesday, “it is over with.”
  2. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,856 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,565ß
    Hmmmmm, I suppose he's got a better shot at making the roster after Hixon's injury took him down but I still have some questions about that assault thing. I don't know. Maybe it's just like the deal that Marshall got nailed with and there is nothing to it. The NFL hasn't said anything about it yet and usually they shoot first and ask questions later.
  3. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,216 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    256ß
    I hope the legal stuff is indeed over and was blown out of proportion. We could use another vet WR for depth IMO after losing Bennett and Hixon so I hope he sticks. Wilson looks promising but remember he's young and unproven at the NFL level. Tolliver is a former udfa who's never been on the 53 man NFL roster. CWill same thing.
  4. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,856 / 6 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,565ß
    I'm picking Wilson as my offensive dark horse pick to click. He got to see what just one offseason in Florida training with Marshall did for Jeffery and he said "gimme some of that". ITB did a show on him while he was down there and he said he was bulking up through his workouts. The numbers conflict but whereas the Bears currently have him listed at 194lbs he says he now up to 207lbs and that I like to hear.

I figured in order to play in the slot and take some of the punishment he'll get there I figured he'd need to add about 20lbs from the 184lbs he was as a rookie. If he's not blowing smoke up someones as he's done that. I'm really anxious to see whether or not we got the bargain in this kid I think we might have. He's still just 21 years old and he was headed in the direction of being a potential 1st round pick before he left his college program.

This is the kind of chance you take on a young kid that you want to see pay off.