You can only blame BiH Mock

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by riczaj01, May 3, 2014.

1. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,999 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,019ß
    I had no intention of doing another one until Mr Snarky suggested it; so if you don't like it, put it on his back, not mine.

Something I didn't think about when it came to the Week before the draft mock was Emery saying this draft is O heavy and it depending on how the draft falls they could go 7 1 side players, 4-3 D to O players or vise versa. I cannot see them possibly ever going all 1 so lets go 4-3 D and see how it falls; again you know how to blame.

14: Aaron Donald DT, IF he's there I cannot imagine they wouldn't take him; or trade down b/c he is there those are the options. While I don't necessarily believe he's automatically the ideal fit for every 4-3 scheme, and is a tad small, you don't pass up on top 10 talent if it's there and not take advantage of it somehow.

51: Troy Niklas TE, 6-6 270 need I say more? no, but I will b/c BiH wants it, wants it like a virgin on prom night. The Bears need a legit 2nd TE in case DaOD goes down, and Niklas is a better option then any TE currently on the roster. What he lacks in finish shouldn't take long to polish w/the current roster of pro's pro's. For those that say the Bears don't run 2 TE sets, I say they didn't have 2 TE's on the roster worth running 2 TE sets with, get this kid up to speed and watch D's weep at the pointlessness of their jobs.

81: Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB: Big strong decent speed for a 6'3" cb, I think this is the guy they look to convert into a S, at least for 1 year.

117: Dri Archer RB/WR. Speedy tweener that will likely remove a need for any KR/PR competition. And what's the one thing this O doesn't have on it, elite speed, this kid has it.

156: Max Bullough ILB. Max is more smart and heart then physically gifted, but the team could do worse at this point, and they need depth here badly. if nothing else that fire and intelligence could make itself usefull on ST's if he doesn't develop.

183: Antone Exum CB: Where some people will see lack of a position, Emery will see "versatility" another big CB possible S or OLB that can handle the bigger WR's/TE's, biggest issue are the inj concerns, but if the med reports come back good he's a great value here.

191: Alfred Blue RB: Big RB who could potentially share the load w/Forte or take over if Forte gets hurt, is capable of running the ball and receiving out of the backfield, and unlike many RB's that will be considered better then him, he has low milage b/c of splitting the load w/Jeremy Hill. While not fast, 4.7 40, he's got good break away speed, and has no issues running inside either.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

Ratings:
    +848 / 1 / -2
    ßearz ßuckz:
    772ß
    And I want Deone Buccanon like a virgin on prom night. Good one. lol
    • Like Like x 1
  3. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,999 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,019ß
    I want Bucannon also, but the reality is he's quickly rising to mid 1st round status, so unless the Bears take him at 14 he's not going to be there at 51. And if they draft a S at 14, I'd rather have Pryor or Dix.
  4. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Position Coach

Ratings:
    +1,572 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    797ß
    oooohhhhhh..... you intended. You just needed an excuse.

And I'm still a virgin. I'm saving myself for Scarlett Johansson. If anyone knows her, pass on the message so she can rescue me.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,999 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,019ß
    Ohhhh I was going to do a day before final one, but not one every day until then...those are all on you buddy;

Did you say Scarlett Johnson? Ya I can definitely get you in contact:

[​IMG]
  6. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,572 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    797ß
    Looks like I'm going to have to hold out a little longer. And I don't even want to know why it is that you can put me in touch, LOL
  7. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,999 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,019ß
    don't judge me.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,572 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    797ß
    I don't see getting Bucannon unless we use our first (and I think there are better choices) or we trade down a little --- and then no guarantees.
  9. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,999 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,019ß
    If Donald Pryor and Gilbert are there I could see being able to move back a few spots w/someone that wants one of them; and if none are left being okay w/Bucannon
  10. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,221 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    260ß
    Buchannon is now a 1st rounder? Wow, didn't know that. I could see Ward sneaking into the bottom but.....who knows.

That's a darn good draft, Ric. I like Bullough (sp?) as a mid draft MLB who at least gives us some depth there. SJB or McGill would be solid CB options. I prob wouldn't double up at RB, would take a WR or even OL instead but still I do like it.
  11. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,572 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    797ß
    Wouldn't surprise me if he is, and wouldn't surprise me if he's not. He is a good player and it would not surprise me if he went bottom of the 1st or top half of the 2nd. Be nice if he were there for our second pick. He might be, but I'd only use Rics money to make that bet.
  12. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,477 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    414ß
    I do what I want.
    Edit: Benji, you're banned.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,221 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    260ß
    If SF doesn't/can't move up, I could see them taking him in late 1 as a Whitner replacement so it makes sense.
  14. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,999 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,019ß
    oh look who decided to show up and not contribute. Trying to take Souls place? You're doing a fine job.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. riczaj01

Ratings:
    +2,999 / 8 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,019ß
    Well there goes my night w/the "boys"
  16. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,477 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    414ß
    Um, it seems Soul puts effort into his opinions, whereas they're not a necessity for me. For example, my mock goes:

Rd 1: BPA
    Rd 2: BPA
    Rd 3: BPA

etc.

And it's as good as anyone else's, lol
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,572 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    797ß
    Sounds like a real drag....
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +1,572 / 5 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    797ß
    No Henry, it's not as good. I was riveted by it but then I saw it only had three rounds. Everyone elses had all 7
    :lolsign:
  19. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,221 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    260ß
    The holy grail that is "BPA" (same discussion every year) is in the eyes of the beholder. And yeah team fits and needs play a major role in determining that, no matter how much every GM likes to pontificate self-righteously to the contrary. Basically, "pure-BPA" is a phony concept, at least in the early rounds. Often talked about, seldom practiced., and with good reason. For instance:

If Conte and Wright had both panned out as quality above-average safeties, does anyone here think we'd be talking about Pryor or Dix at 14?

If Jennings and Peanut were both 5 years younger with two pro-bowls each to their credit, would Gilbert or Fuller or Dennard be serious 1st round considerations?

If Melton had stayed healthy and re-signed after a second consecutive pro bowl season, would people be fawning over Donald?

If MartyB or Alshon had been a total flop, might we be talking about Ebron or a WR right now?

I could go on but the point is obvious. "BPA" selections CHANGE depending upon what fits and needs are.
  20. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,894 / 6 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    904ß
    That is why I always say take BPA based on need.

If Bears need X, Y and Z pass on the BPA if he does not fit in the X, Y and Z category
    • Like Like x 1