YUP I'm down with this,....Sad reality: Brian Urlacher just needs to go away

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Nakoma1, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Sad reality: Brian Urlacher just needs to go away

He is arguably the best player in Chicago Bears history, for all intents and purposes.

The Pro Bowls. The defensive player of the year awards. The lumbering interception returns playing on a bad hamstring and a bad ankle, the jaw-dropping speed showcased from sideline to sideline when an opposing foe was foolish enough to try an outside run to either side of the field.

[​IMG]

Number 54, Brian Urlacher. The face of the Bears franchise for 13 years.

All of this is true. We should be thankful for it.

And yet, it’s just time for him to go away. At least for the time being.

In a week where the Bears are coming off an exceptional first performance against AFC power Cincinnati Bengals, the focus should be on a week 2 showdown with the division rival Minnesota Vikings. Instead, we find ourselves talking about an interview Urlacher had earlier in the week, where he sounded like a bitter ex-girlfriend pining for its former love to give her an another chance.

In case you missed it, Urlacher stated how he believes he would still be a Bear if the organization would have handled contract negotiations and how Jay Cutler never called him following his retirement.

Honestly, I probably would’ve played another year there if that’s the way it would’ve been handled,” Urlacher told ESPN Chicago. “But I was so mad at the way it was handled. I thought it was just wrong the way it all went down.”

As the Bears continue to move on with a new identity (new head coach in Marc Trestman, new best player in Brandon Marshall) Urlacher continues to live in the past. The article states how Urlacher was upset when the Bears traded Kyle Orton and draft picks for Cutler. Admire his pride, but diminish his credibility for being naiive. Think what you want about Cutler, but not understanding that an offense needs to put points on the board in order to win a Super Bowl is downright foolish.

Sorry, Brian, but this isn’t the 1980’s NFL. Veterans, such as yourself, are expendable. The Bears nabbed your replacement (and while D.J. Williams is not of the caliber of Urlacher, he’s not that far off. I was shocked when I looked at it too, but check out his numbers in Denver) for under a million dollars. The Bears offered Urlacher twice that.

And obviously, quarterbacks are at a premium. The Bears would have been foolish not to pursue a then-25-year-old Pro Bowl quarterback when Cutler was available. Urlacher was sour about it then, and then appears to want Cutler to lay down the red carpet for his departure.

“Well, I did not hear from Jay, out of all the guys I played with, but that’s just — maybe we weren’t as close as, like you said, as we could have been,” Urlacher said in the same interview. “That’s just the way to let you know where you stand with people. But it’s not his job to text me, maybe that’s not his thing. That’s fine. That’s the way it is.

By most media accounts, Cutler and Urlacher’s relationship improved as their time as teammates wore on.

Still, it seems a bit hypocritical for Urlacher to really be upset about something as petty as a phone call from his ex-quarterback. For better or worse, the team is now Cutler’s. For the first time in 13 years, Urlacher no longer has the right to say that

Is it possible that this is what all the commotion is about? Just come out and say it next time, Brian.

No. 54 will be forever appreciated by the city of Chicago and Bears fans everywhere.

But in the near future, Brian. Understand that this isn’t about you. The Bears need to create a new identity at some point, and as is said at some point in all breakups: You should really just want what’s best for your former love.

COMPLETE
    http://isportsweb.com/2013/09/13/sad-reality-urlacher-just-needs-go-away/http://isportsweb.com/2013/09/13/sad-reality-urlacher-just-needs-go-away/

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    YUP the Whinnnner just needs to STFU and move on it's a two way street Brian or did you never learn this ??

3. dachuckster

dachuckster Veteran SuperFan

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    174ß
    I agree with everything in the article except the first sentence.

IMO, Payton is the best player to ever don a Bears uniform.
    • Like Like x 7
  4. The Benjamin

The Benjamin George Halas Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,061 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,312ß
    Best player in Bears history? Who ya crappin.

That's Payton
    • Like Like x 4
  5. ChiCityBears

ChiCityBears Veteran

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1
    ßearz ßuckz:
    He does need to shut his mouth. I tweeted him to stop giving away secrets from the team. Maybe it is time to tell him to stop talking in general.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Coordinator SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +2,704 / 3 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,227ß
    I'm ashamed to admit it, but I didn't call Brian when he retired either. He's probably upset about THAT too.

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 4
  7. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    307ß
    yeah, I agree. The writer went overboard with that first sentence, Chief. I am gratified to see that I'm not the first person to spot this and call him out for it. An all-time Bears great? Sure, without a doubt, but "...arguably the best player in Bears history?!" Come on. Who's makin' THAT particular "argument", Brian himself?! lol.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  8. A God named Payton

A God named Payton Rookie

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    I agree but I am biased toward everything With Payton lol.

Lacher really should just fuck off now or risk looking like a spiteful fucktard.

if he wanted a better deal maybe he shouldn't have listened to his agent from what I was told. Greed...

And yes...Lacher could never lace Walter Paytons Cleats.
  9. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +2,061 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,312ß
    Brian may not even be the best MLB in franchise history, though it is very close. But calling him the best player in franchise history is a massive stretch
  10. dachuckster

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    174ß
    And I do not know that he is the best linebacker that has ever played for the Bears.

Bill George has very similar Int and FR stats (18 and 19). George was also 8 consecutive 1st team all-pro.

Dick Butkus was 6 1st team all-pro and had about the same Int and FR stats. With a shorter career.

Mike Singletary was 8 1st team all-pro and 10 times all-pro. He was NFL defensive player of the year twice (BU was this once). His Int and FR stats are the lowest of all 4.

I am not saying that any of the four are significantly better than any of the others. All I am saying is the Bears have a tremendous tradition at Mike and BU is just one of several great players at that position.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Quick posted this on the FLY and I am down with the TITLE OF IT in general

AND NO I do not agree with his first sentence , but don't need a lesson from some one 20 years my minor about who the best Bear ever is,... as most here that know of me, do know ,... that I know exactly who that is ,... but this to is open for discussion ,... but with mentioning I have seen, I believe it's safe to say we all concur one Bear ;)

ALSO I'll get your official approval before my next post too ;) So I'm spot on

Okay with you Chief ? ;)

It's too bad Haugh can't come up with something like this,... ya know ,.... David Haugh take the BULL by the horns so to speak but I guess he doesn't wanna get his hands dirty ,..IT is getting deep,... as his is too

Maybe Biggsy can show him how it's done ;)
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  12. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:

No doubt there Chuckster.

My Bad I should have read it better before posting ,.. I was sniffing for something else when I saw the title and like I told another poster ,.. I posted this on the fly. I AM down with the title though That does hit home as he should CAN IT ALREADY

Thats for sure
  13. JoeBlow

JoeBlow Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    PLENTY of us that think this team would be much better if we'd kept Orton AND the draft picks.
    Not understanding that the WHOLE offense makes a team go, not just the qb is just as downright foolish. ;)
  14. The Benjamin

Ratings:
    +2,061 / 7 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,312ß
    If Jerry Angelo was making the draft picks..... the trade was a much better way to improve the team.
  15. Henry Burris

Henry Burris Head Coach

Ratings:
    +2,542 / 8 / -10
    ßearz ßuckz:
    543ß
    I truly believe that's impossible to do. I hate being too much of a homer, but the second someone else says "blah blah blah Jim Brown/Barry Sanders/Emmitt Smith(LOL) is the greatest of all time", I roll my eyes.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. dachuckster

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    174ß
    No disrespect intended (or implied)!!

Overall it is an accurate estimation (at least IMO) of what is going on with BU.

The problem is most jurnos today is they have no sense of history or perspective.

And thanks for posting. If nobody posts these things, we have no discussions. And in my very short time here, I find the discussions the best part. Lots of knowledge, lots of attitude, it's all good.
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Xa0sG0rilla

Xa0sG0rilla Veteran

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    23ß
    HINT: If you stop talking about it, it will go away.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    Orton was good game manager his whoas were compounded as any other QBs were compounded since the ' 07 season. That's when the line starting falling apart and JA was blundering on his picks aside from the lack of having a REAL OC here ,.. Then the Knuckle chuck trades for Cutty like he was going to come here and walk on water and be the next Brady / Manning ,... wasn't going to happen not with the state of the O LINE and receivers corps

No Ole Virg did right by pulling the plug on Mikey for the second time ,.. Putting Georgy in ,...where Georgy did well by dumping the goon that had to go and well Phil did his job
    Good riddance to all of them

and for you youngsters ,..... word of advice ,.......strap yerselves in ,..... my confidence is high that this team is finally heading in the right direction .

I do believe
  19. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:

it's kinda hard XG

When the media keeps putting it out there in little bits to get as much as they can out of it
  20. Nakoma1

Nakoma1 Veteran

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    We're good
    as far as the journos you mention ,.. David Haugh is a seasoned vet and his articles aren't so Pro Bearish at the moment

It's more than just the sports blog out there. They're all doing it.

I created a thread on another board a while back with regard to a Fox reporter who's sole article was to unseat Rex Ryan ,.. She had the guy out on the tree already totally unprofessional on her part IMHO

Me, I hold a candle to the media as most of them are for shit like this clown here crowning Slacks as the king of all time at Bears MLB ,.. not even close

Your post thankfully cleared a lot of the air there

Great post again