Zach Miller Injured Again?......................

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Aug 15, 2014.

1. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,174ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    Somebody explain to me what it is with certain players. Are they that fragile or just unlucky?

This guy goes out last week and shows the world he belongs on an NFL roster and this week all we hear is that he injured his foot and he's out. I suppose we'll get something more specific about it later today but WTF is it with this guy? He can't stay on the field.

2. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,174ß
    I'll let you all listen to the interviews but from what Palmer and Bennett are saying it doesn't sound good as far as Zach Miller goes. They saying "foot injury" and it sounds like more than just a stubbed toe. Broken maybe?

They reported right away that Fuller's xray was negative but they're mum on Miller. Not a good sign. Trestman may have jinxed him with his comments about him just getting through camp healthy. This is kind of frustrating.

Kyle Fuller, Zach Miller go down in crowded Bears sick bay

August 15, 2014, 12:45 am

Link to Video; http://www.csnchicago.com/bears/kyle-fuller-zach-miller-go-down-crowded-bears-sick-bay

[​IMG]
    The Bears going into Thursday’s game with the Jacksonville Jaguars were already without offensive linemen Eben Britton, Brian de la Puente and Jordan Mills, plus receivers Marquess Wilson and Chris Williams and safeties Chris Conte and Craig Steltz. Defensive end Willie Young, with a minor knee bruise, was a scratch as well.

It got worse. How much worse will be clearer on Friday.

Rookie cornerback Kyle Fuller had to leave the field with an ankle injury on Jacksonville’s return of the opening kickoff. The injury sent veteran Kelvin Hayden in as the third cornerback in the Bears’ No. 1 nickel unit. Fuller was unable to return to the game.

Tight end Zach Miller, limited by injuries to four games and zero starts over the past two seasons, hobbled off the field in the second quarter with a left-foot injury.

“[Fuller and Miller] are being checked out right now and we’ll see where they are [Friday],” said coach Marc Trestman.

Miller flashed last week with six receptions against Philadelphia but coach Marc Trestman was reserved, partly because of the injury history.

“We’re not going to anoint him at this point in time,” Trestman said. “We want to get him through training camp healthy and allow him hopefully to perform throughout the preseason as he’s been doing. And then we’ll see where we are at the end of the day.”

3. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    657ß
    Most people are not designed to play football and it looks like Zach Miller is a China doll.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,884ß
    Damn I was hoping it wasn't serious, Rosario and Mulligan I guess?

5. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,757ß
    So between Miller and Mills, we only have two good feet?

• Like Like x 3
  6. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

ßearz ßuckz:
    512ß
    Were not exactly starting a great trend as far as people getting hurt. I'll be more concerned if we hit the next PS "dress rehearsal" and this list looks similar.

Fuller from all reports seems to not be very serious. Negative for x-rays.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BradMustersGhost

ßearz ßuckz:
    447ß
    Shapin' up to be a bad mojo year for injuries, my Bears bro's. I hope I am wrong, but I am starting to get kinda nervous about all of these "ouchie's", "oww-ies" and "boo-boo's." :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,089ß
    I read something about a week ago about injuries in the NFL trending up in recent years. I figure we have players who are much bigger and faster than ever before, colliding at velocities greater than ever before. Yet the human body hasn't changed. The weak components (human engineering-wise) like knees, feet, ankles etc are no stouter than 90+ years ago when the NFL was founded. Mills made a good point last night when he said he's a 320 pound man blocking 300+ pound men (in violent point blank combat). Body parts fail. Keep in mind that the average skill players now weigh more than offensive linemen did years ago.

I think the bottom-line is that we will see more injuries continue.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,884ß
    Not just that JABF, but these guys are limited in how often they can hit in TC and OTA's so they don't get to practice it as much, or get used to it slowly the way they used to.

The size is the larger issue, HGH, while it makes sense for a sport like this, actually probably hurts them b/c the size/speed it SO much bigger now...LB's are now the size of what linemen were in the 80's...that's really not that long ago.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. soulman

soulman Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,174ß

If the NFL stages a three-legged race we have just the guys for it. I haven't read anything specific this AM but if the foot isn't at least broken then it's something equally severe. He's not gonna be playing anytime soon when you listen to Palmer talk about hos tragic it is and the need to rehab.