Zach Miller Injured Again?......................

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Aug 15, 2014.

1. soulman

soulman Pro-Bowler SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    Somebody explain to me what it is with certain players. Are they that fragile or just unlucky?

This guy goes out last week and shows the world he belongs on an NFL roster and this week all we hear is that he injured his foot and he's out. I suppose we'll get something more specific about it later today but WTF is it with this guy? He can't stay on the field.
  2. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß
    I'll let you all listen to the interviews but from what Palmer and Bennett are saying it doesn't sound good as far as Zach Miller goes. They saying "foot injury" and it sounds like more than just a stubbed toe. Broken maybe?

They reported right away that Fuller's xray was negative but they're mum on Miller. Not a good sign. Trestman may have jinxed him with his comments about him just getting through camp healthy. This is kind of frustrating.

Kyle Fuller, Zach Miller go down in crowded Bears sick bay

August 15, 2014, 12:45 am

Link to Video; http://www.csnchicago.com/bears/kyle-fuller-zach-miller-go-down-crowded-bears-sick-bay

[​IMG]
    The Bears going into Thursday’s game with the Jacksonville Jaguars were already without offensive linemen Eben Britton, Brian de la Puente and Jordan Mills, plus receivers Marquess Wilson and Chris Williams and safeties Chris Conte and Craig Steltz. Defensive end Willie Young, with a minor knee bruise, was a scratch as well.

It got worse. How much worse will be clearer on Friday.

Rookie cornerback Kyle Fuller had to leave the field with an ankle injury on Jacksonville’s return of the opening kickoff. The injury sent veteran Kelvin Hayden in as the third cornerback in the Bears’ No. 1 nickel unit. Fuller was unable to return to the game.

Tight end Zach Miller, limited by injuries to four games and zero starts over the past two seasons, hobbled off the field in the second quarter with a left-foot injury.

“[Fuller and Miller] are being checked out right now and we’ll see where they are [Friday],” said coach Marc Trestman.

Miller flashed last week with six receptions against Philadelphia but coach Marc Trestman was reserved, partly because of the injury history.

“We’re not going to anoint him at this point in time,” Trestman said. “We want to get him through training camp healthy and allow him hopefully to perform throughout the preseason as he’s been doing. And then we’ll see where we are at the end of the day.”
  3. DaTreeBears

DaTreeBears Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +719 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    440ß
    Most people are not designed to play football and it looks like Zach Miller is a China doll.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,837 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,050ß
    Damn I was hoping it wasn't serious, Rosario and Mulligan I guess?
  5. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston Coordinator

Ratings:
    +2,734 / 10 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,407ß
    So between Miller and Mills, we only have two good feet?
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Grizzblue

Grizzblue Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +504 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    117ß
    Were not exactly starting a great trend as far as people getting hurt. I'll be more concerned if we hit the next PS "dress rehearsal" and this list looks similar.

Fuller from all reports seems to not be very serious. Negative for x-rays.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. BradMustersGhost

BradMustersGhost Veteran

Ratings:
    +374 / 1 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    363ß
    Shapin' up to be a bad mojo year for injuries, my Bears bro's. I hope I am wrong, but I am starting to get kinda nervous about all of these "ouchie's", "oww-ies" and "boo-boo's." :(
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99 Assistant Head Coach SuperFan DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,433 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,449ß
    I read something about a week ago about injuries in the NFL trending up in recent years. I figure we have players who are much bigger and faster than ever before, colliding at velocities greater than ever before. Yet the human body hasn't changed. The weak components (human engineering-wise) like knees, feet, ankles etc are no stouter than 90+ years ago when the NFL was founded. Mills made a good point last night when he said he's a 320 pound man blocking 300+ pound men (in violent point blank combat). Body parts fail. Keep in mind that the average skill players now weigh more than offensive linemen did years ago.

I think the bottom-line is that we will see more injuries continue.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. riczaj01

riczaj01 DaBears Ditka DBS Writer

Ratings:
    +3,837 / 10 / -8
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,050ß
    Not just that JABF, but these guys are limited in how often they can hit in TC and OTA's so they don't get to practice it as much, or get used to it slowly the way they used to.

The size is the larger issue, HGH, while it makes sense for a sport like this, actually probably hurts them b/c the size/speed it SO much bigger now...LB's are now the size of what linemen were in the 80's...that's really not that long ago.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß

If the NFL stages a three-legged race we have just the guys for it. I haven't read anything specific this AM but if the foot isn't at least broken then it's something equally severe. He's not gonna be playing anytime soon when you listen to Palmer talk about hos tragic it is and the need to rehab.
  11. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß

Be that as it may some guy like Miller, and Brandon Hardin would be another good example, simply can't stay healthy. There's no way to evaluate their talent for more than a few games before they're out again.

It's a shame because he was looking so good but right now I'd say there's zero chances he'll be playing this year and maybe never again in a Bears jersey. Color me frustrated because we had our second string TE and a guy who could have helped us create some tough matchups playing along with Bennett.

Guess we'll hear the final diagnosis later today but I have no hope at all the news will be good.
  12. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +3,433 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,449ß
    Lately I've been thinking that we have better quality depth players than I can remember in recent years. Emery has done a pretty good job here in a VERY short time. Have you noticed that even our #3's have been mopping up the competition in these first two preseason games? We have some solid players who won't even make our roster (at some positions).

I think that this is something that Emery brings to the table that a lot of teams don't have, and it's a HUGE benefit as injuries mount up this year, and moving forward. It DOESN'T mean the backups are as good as the people they replace, but it does mean the talent dropoff may not be as precipitous as in past seasons (even at defense I think we're going to be surprised a bit on this THIS year).

Later in the season, and in the playoffs, this could be a powerful asset. It could be the very thing that wins us the division championship too.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +2,734 / 10 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,407ß
    yes, I agree. There is much less drop off between starts and backups. I've never seen it this good in a long time. We had pretty darn good backups in 85 too if I recall properly.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. JustAnotherBearsFan99

Ratings:
    +3,433 / 4 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,449ß
    We remember those bad old days when even our starters were "Webb-class" players. The stuff nightmares were made of :-)

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  15. MPbears68

MPbears68 Pro-Bowler

Ratings:
    +1,614 / 2 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    658ß
    I had that same reaction, Soul, out of frustration. You wonder sometimes. Anybody can have a bad break injury or two but some guys just seem snakebit. Is it all just BAD LUCK or are some guys just danger prone? It almost seems like "durability" should be a measurable athletic skill. It's a shame but Zach Miller reminds me of Danny Amendola -- talent and ability to be a solid player but useless cuz they're always hurt.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. soulman

Ratings:
    +1,914 / 7 / -3
    ßearz ßuckz:
    1,761ß

I hate to say it but if this guy was taking a trip somewhere and we were on the same flight I'd change planes just to be on the safe side. I mean it's uncanny like he as a curse on him or something.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Bearsinhouston

Ratings:
    +2,734 / 10 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    2,407ß
    He still looks to me like he is tracking a live turkey walking across the field on thanksgiving and has already decided what he will be eating in a few hours.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. omc1969

omc1969 Veteran

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    ßearz ßuckz:
    37ß
    I read that it's a "Lisfrank" injury which means either a broken mid-foot bone or torn mid-foot ligament.
    Just bad luck either way and he's on "I.R." and out for the season. Bummer !
    :badmood: