Zach Miller Injured Again?......................

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by soulman, Aug 15, 2014.

1. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,938ß
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!

Be that as it may some guy like Miller, and Brandon Hardin would be another good example, simply can't stay healthy. There's no way to evaluate their talent for more than a few games before they're out again.

It's a shame because he was looking so good but right now I'd say there's zero chances he'll be playing this year and maybe never again in a Bears jersey. Color me frustrated because we had our second string TE and a guy who could have helped us create some tough matchups playing along with Bennett.

Guess we'll hear the final diagnosis later today but I have no hope at all the news will be good.

2. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,655ß
    Lately I've been thinking that we have better quality depth players than I can remember in recent years. Emery has done a pretty good job here in a VERY short time. Have you noticed that even our #3's have been mopping up the competition in these first two preseason games? We have some solid players who won't even make our roster (at some positions).

I think that this is something that Emery brings to the table that a lot of teams don't have, and it's a HUGE benefit as injuries mount up this year, and moving forward. It DOESN'T mean the backups are as good as the people they replace, but it does mean the talent dropoff may not be as precipitous as in past seasons (even at defense I think we're going to be surprised a bit on this THIS year).

Later in the season, and in the playoffs, this could be a powerful asset. It could be the very thing that wins us the division championship too.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,245ß
    yes, I agree. There is much less drop off between starts and backups. I've never seen it this good in a long time. We had pretty darn good backups in 85 too if I recall properly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. JustAnotherBearsFan99

JustAnotherBearsFan99
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,655ß
    We remember those bad old days when even our starters were "Webb-class" players. The stuff nightmares were made of :-)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. MPbears68

MPbears68
    Expand Collapse
    Hall of Famer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,405ß
    I had that same reaction, Soul, out of frustration. You wonder sometimes. Anybody can have a bad break injury or two but some guys just seem snakebit. Is it all just BAD LUCK or are some guys just danger prone? It almost seems like "durability" should be a measurable athletic skill. It's a shame but Zach Miller reminds me of Danny Amendola -- talent and ability to be a solid player but useless cuz they're always hurt.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. soulman

soulman
    Expand Collapse
    Coordinator
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    4,938ß

I hate to say it but if this guy was taking a trip somewhere and we were on the same flight I'd change planes just to be on the safe side. I mean it's uncanny like he as a curse on him or something.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Bearsinhouston

Bearsinhouston
    Expand Collapse
    Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    5,245ß
    He still looks to me like he is tracking a live turkey walking across the field on thanksgiving and has already decided what he will be eating in a few hours.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. omc1969

omc1969
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

ßearz ßuckz:
    50ß
    I read that it's a "Lisfrank" injury which means either a broken mid-foot bone or torn mid-foot ligament.
    Just bad luck either way and he's on "I.R." and out for the season. Bummer !
    :badmood: