Zack Bowman, Giants close

Discussion in 'NFL Forum' started by little bear, Mar 23, 2014.

1. little bear

little bear Assistant Head Coach

ßearz ßuckz:
    3,572ß
    Ratings:
    +2,074 / 3 / -6
    Please Register or Log in to Remove this Advertisement!
    http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/10647647/zack-bowman-close-signing-new-york-giants

Source: CB Bowman close to Giants deal

Free-agent cornerback Zack Bowman, who played last season with the Chicago Bears, is close to signing a one-year deal with the New York Giants, according to a source familiar with the situation.

The Bears are believed to have expressed a desire to bring back Bowman, a six-year veteran.

Bowman, 29, replaced an injured Charles Tillman in the starting lineup for the final seven weeks last season and had two interceptions and a pick-six in a pivotal win over the Cleveland Browns.

--------------------

So they basically chose Hayden over Bowman. I guess Hayden was cheaper but Bowman is the better ST. We must draft our next CB and hopefully he is starter quality.

2. Ski-Whiz

Ski-Whiz George Halas
    Staff Member

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,138ß
    Ratings:
    +1,247 / 1 / -2
    I like Bowman... I doubt he'll be back.

3. short faced bear

short faced bear Assistant Head Coach
    DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    796ß
    Ratings:
    +1,602 / 0 / -3
    I would think we draft a corner at least by the 2nd and no later than the 3rd round. Bowman would be good depth for us so I hope our corners stay relatively healthy.

4. soulman

soulman Hall of Famer
    SuperFan DBS Writer

ßearz ßuckz:
    1,047ß
    Ratings:
    +2,076 / 7 / -3
    I think a couple or three new CBs will be around in camp. Bowman was a very good "Gunner" but a not so good CB.